Fall Comfort Food
Savour the flavours of fall with our cozy recipes with a spin. We even have a dessert recipe to help satisfy your sweet tooth. These tasty and satisfying fall recipes feature in-season ingredients you can find at your farmers’ market, and they're perfect for perking up chilly nights. Keep checking back for more!
Cauliflower takes the place of bread in the low-carb stuffing of your dreams. Perfect for stuffing chicken, turkey, pork or peppers.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopper
- Kosher salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage (or 1 teaspoon ground sage)
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion, carrot, and celery and sauté until soft, 7 to 8 minutes.
Add cauliflower and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Add parsley, rosemary and sage and stir until combined, then add vegetable broth and cover with a lid. Cook until totally tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
Original recipe by delish.com
Originally Published: September 11, 2017