Recipe type: Side Dish | Cuisine: Mediteranean
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 25 mins | Total time: 35 mins | Serves: 6 servings
- 6 slices bacon, cooked (save grease)
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1-1-1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-1-1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In frypan over medium heat, cook bacon. Set aside on paper towel, leaving the bacon grease in the pan.
2. Cook onion in bacon grease until translucent, a few minutes.
3. Add halved Brussels sprouts and chopped bacon.
4. Pour maple syrup and olive oil over mixture, stir until sprouts are evenly coated, and cook until lightly browned -- about 15 minutes
5. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Original recipe by eatrealfoodacademy.com
Originally Published: May 14, 2018
Carolyn Coffin, Contributor and Health Coach at Eat Real Food Academy
+ Read Bio
Carolyn Coffin empowers people to crave the foods that help them thrive. A former physiotherapist turned health coach and educator, Carolyn uses a unique blend of nutrition, lifestyle, and mindset coaching to help her clients feel their best. She works privately with people all over North America and offers an engaged online community and affordable group coaching through her website eatrealfoodacademy.com. Carolyn enjoys going for a run in the great outdoors, visiting her local farmers’ market, and living a healthy lifestyle with her family.